Dunn Energy Cooperative Closes Lobby to Public
As the coronavirus continues to spread, here at Dunn Energy we are taking this situation very seriously and are continuing to take precautions to protect our employees and the public. In a short summary, our lobby will be closed effective Monday, November 9, 2020 until further notice.
During this time, there have been no changes to your electric service or account. We are monitoring this situation closely and will keep you updated as things progress. One thing that will not change is our commitment to responding to power outages and restoring electric service in a timely manner.
The overall wellness of our employees and members is a top priority and we need to do our part to not only keep you healthy, but to keep you informed.
Our goal is to continue to maintain a healthy workforce so we can continue to keep key personnel available to serve you. Thank you, again, for your patience during this time.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS WE’RE DOING:
- Employees have been instructed to wash their hands often and effectively and reminded to cover their mouths with a Kleenex or the inside of their arm when coughing or sneezing.
- We’ve encouraged employees to clean/sanitize their works spaces and shared areas.
- If employees experience any symptoms of the cold or flu, we ask them to please stay home.
- We have suspended any travel and attendance of business-related conferences as well as any training and trade events. We are utilizing technology to conduct large meetings instead of in-person meetings whenever possible.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS MEMBERS CAN DO:
We encourage members to take advantage of business options that limit their exposure to illness.
We offer a variety of non-contact payment options:
- Call our 24/7 secure pay-by-phone number at 1 (844) 749-3050.
- Drop off your payment at our drop box located near the flagpole in our driveway.
- Mail in your payment to DEC: PO Box 220, Menomonie, WI 54751
- Log in to your SmartHub account and click “Make Payment”.
- Visit our website under the Billing tab and click “Pay Now”. All you need is your account number and last name or business name to process a one-time payment.
- Enroll in AutoPay through your SmartHub account.
As an essential service provider, it is our responsibility to be prepared and these steps are simply precautionary. We encourage you to do your part to reduce the spread of any infectious diseases by thoroughly washing your hands, covering coughs, sneezes, and sniffles with a tissue, and avoid touching your face. More recommendations are available on the Centers for Disease Control website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention.html.
If you have any questions, please call us at 800-924-0630 or email us at email@example.com
SunDEC Community Solar went online in February of 2017. We started with 400 units for sale. Today, we have less than a third of the array left to sell. The cost of the 250-watt units drops monthly, based on the remaining length of the contract on the system. If you are interested in purchasing the output of a portion of our community solar, please call the office and talk with one of our knowledgable staff members.
How do you know if Community Solar is for you? Ask yourself these three things:
Do you want to support renewable energy?
Do you lack the yard or roof space to install a solar array?
Do you live in a heavily wooded area where solar wouldn't work well?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, give us a call!
You can see the real-time production of SunDEC on our Renewable Energy production page as well as the the offsets it has created.
If you are interested in seeing what our whole renewable energy portfolio looks like, you can visit Dairyland Power Cooperative. There you will see that a good portion of our distributed generation comes from solar, wind, hydro, and landfill-to-gas energy.